Titel

Alldog 1806 mwm KD211z diesel timing.

all the english stuff about Lanz Bulldog tractors

Alldog 1806 mwm KD211z diesel timing.

Beitragvon lanzalldog » 24.04.2006, 11:13

Hi,
I have an Alldog 1806 fitted with the MWM KD211z motor.
Have set the injector pump timing up as the instructions state,(which was the original settings before i dismantled the motor)however the motor seems to have a diesel knock.I have advanced the timing to 19 deg before top dead centre which has improved it quiet a bit but I am tempted to advance more.The engine has had a full rebuild along with injector nozzles etc.Starts well,no smoke etc,just concerned about the diesel knock.
When i pulled the old motor down it had severe wear on the cylinder liners at the top,as well as broken rings and groved pistons.Was this the result of incorrect diesel timing?
lanzalldog
Benutzer

Beitragvon ET » 24.04.2006, 17:16

Hi,

Our Hanomag had a heavy nock after we fitted new injectors. This was with correct timing, after about 20 hours it disseapearred and the engine ran OK.

Remember, when a Diesel engine runs to smooth, it has no compression and will not start in winter. Cold weather isn't a problem in Australia, I know ;)

Regards
ET
Herzliche grüsse
ET
ET
Benutzer

Beitragvon patfinistere » 07.08.2006, 17:34

We have just saved a Fendt from the scrapman 10 days ago, the MWM engine does knock very badly when cold, it goes away though.

Although the MWM engine on the Fendt has FENDT on it it is however an MWM, a quick photo, I know it isn't a Lanz but it stands next to our 2 Lanzs 5506 and 2816 JDLanz
Bild
Pat
Pat
perso.wanadoo.fr/kostalan-life/
patfinistere
Benutzer

Zurück zu Lanz-Bulldog - in English